Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day Everyone.

A while back bought myself a 98' model 650 Dragstar. She is a lovely old bike needing a little restoration that I have been working away at in the garage. I'm having a little short/backfeed electrical problem with the rear blinkers but have a mate looking at it next week to hopefully sort out. Looking forward to getting it registered and on the road. It is fitted with aftermarket Tombstone tailight and blinkers that are mounted on the the rear of the arms. Has anyone else with these type of aftermarket blinkers had any electrical shorting problems. I'm planning a few more things for her in the future and look forward to talking to you all in this forum.

All the best

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gday Frog

G'day Frog, I'm from Sydney, NSW. It's just started off a grey old day here for the beginning of the long weekend. Hope the weathers better at your end.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'Day.

G'Day Farmalldanzil.

Thanks for the welcome. In Oz the VStars you can buy new for around 12000k. I bought mine for just over 5000 being an older bike and needing a little cosmetic work but it has a custom paint job which looks nice, I need to do a little work on the front fender. I have friends that ride HD's and yes, you do need a bank for one of them, on average around 15000 to 35000k. I didn't pay that much for my car!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Don't a lot of four legged critters create problems riding a bike in your Country, are is that BS. I've been to a lot of Country's but never been there.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G'Day OldBanjo. There is a bit of truth about four legged critters causing problems, and some two legged critters too like roo's (kangaroo's) who can just hop straight out in front of you from the side. A buck roo can stand taller than a man and get some speed up on full hop, and have no probs clearing a two metre fence. Cars hitting them can have the roo's going through their windscreen. The problem is only at night mainly. We also have wombats, a stumpy four legged animal about as thick as a tree trunk and built like a tank. They are known to write off a vehicle if it hits one at speed when they try to cross a road at their slow speed. This is in rural area's mainly and folks living in these area's generally have bull bars on the front of their vehcles for a bit of protection, unfortunately we can't do the same on a bike. Having said all this I havn't heard of two many bikers being injured by them, but if your riding out in the bush at night they can be a risk. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gday

At least the roo's taste alright.........Its them bloody drop bears we have to look out for...Nasty little mongrels they are.......

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bloody internet.

I just did a message to you guys, (Frog, Farmalldanzil and Oldbanjo) and just lost the whole frigging thing cause the internet keeps dropping out AGAIN (this is my third go). Anyway lets give this another go and see if the bloody internet lets me through. Firstly, sorry Frog, forgot about the drop bears. I live in bushland west of Sydney and should have remembered as I remember the problems with them in the mid eightie's in our neck of the woods.
In relation to road hazards I forgot to mention our Emu, (big flightless bird second to the Ostrich in size). They can also cause problems for motorists and cyclists, but must admit the only problem I have experienced with them is when one pinched my chips at an animal park. Scared the crap out of me when its big long neck came over my shoulder and stole the whole lot including the bag.
On a different not after several weeks just mounted my front fender back on the bike after spraying it two tone and pinstriping it to match the rest of the bike. It came out pretty good to my surprise. Still have to sort out the electrical backfeed prob with the blinkers. Pretty proud of the paintjob for a hack........just wish I was an auto electrician too. Have a good night folks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts