Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over a year ago I sold my VStar 650 Classic and bought a Vulcan 900 Classic. Well, yesterday I traded it in on a brand new 950 tourer:

Sorry for the crappy pic, will upload some better ones this weekend. Picked her up for $6690!! Found the place online in Indiana. Took me 3 hours to get there and I got home around 11 last night.

Think I'm gonna miss the positive neutral finder that the Vulcan had though. I keep shifting through neutral trying to find it.

Interesting thing though, I could have sworn that during my test ride I saw 138 miles on the odometer, and I rode it for at least 10 miles. But now it says "0" miles. If the dealership can reset the odometer, I wonder how many miles are actually on it.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but am happy to be back. :)

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome back!

Never heard of positive neutral - sounds like a math term along the lines of absolute zero. I mean, how can something be positive and also neutral :)

I shift through neutral occasionally, but I've been off the bike for quite a while before this summer so I'm still considered a noob.

$6700 sounds like a great deal - even with 138 miles on it (rolled back zero :)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a positive neutral finder or mechanism. When you downshift all the way to first, the hit the heel shift, it goes to neutral.

Now I'm trying to decide how long to wait before I drill the exhaust

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My 1100 doesn't have a positive mechanism. But that is the way I hit neutral ever time and the only time I use the heel/shifter. It is set up so my steel toe boot will go under the shifter and that leaves the heel about 1/2 shift above the floorboard and that's just right for neutral.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts