Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back was not sure if I could ever ride a bike again. Was having terrible trouble with vertigo, balance, eyesight and a few other issues. I found out I had a mild stroke. I sold the Roadstar a few months ago as I just wasn't comfortable with the weight as I have gotten progressively weaker. I have been working with several Dr's neurologist, physical therapy etc. Got the go ahead to drive a month ago and I asked this past week what about riding and got the ok also but take it slow. I saw an old 1984 Honda Shadow VT700C and as I had one in high school thought it might be nice to own one again. Went to look at and ride and it was a strong runner with 15840 miles on the clock. A few cosmetic issues but not bad for a 40 year old bike. Talk about taking it easy I paid the man $1500 and then proceeded to ride it 120 miles home with a big grin on my face the whole way and it ran great!

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,934 Posts
Welcome back. So very glad your recovery has gone so well. Please keep us updated on your continued progress. To me the bike you ride or not doesn't matter, only that you still have the enthusiasm. You still have knowledge you can help others. So stay active here!

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
912 Posts
A while back was not sure if I could ever ride a bike again. Was having terrible trouble with vertigo, balance, eyesight and a few other issues. I found out I had a mild stroke. I sold the Roadstar a few months ago as I just wasn't comfortable with the weight as I have gotten progressively weaker. I have been working with several Dr's neurologist, physical therapy etc. Got the go ahead to drive a month ago and I asked this past week what about riding and got the ok also but take it slow. I saw an old 1984 Honda Shadow VT700C and as I had one in high school thought it might be nice to own one again. Went to look at and ride and it was a strong runner with 15840 miles on the clock. A few cosmetic issues but not bad for a 40 year old bike. Talk about taking it easy I paid the man $1500 and then proceeded to ride it 120 miles home with a big grin on my face the whole way and it ran great!
Glad your health is heading in the right direction. Keep us posted on the bike, any work you do with it.
You survived and recovered from a stroke. Riding is gravy at this point....so go ride. Alot.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Deek I had one in high school the year I graduated. They seem so tiny now but I am on 2 wheels and it is much easier to handle than the roadstar as far as weight is concerned. A big plus is the 47-50 mpg that they get especially now. I am having fun just scooting around the back roads near my place for sure. The day I rode it home I got on the interstate and had it going 80mph for extended periods and had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Yeah Deek I had one in high school the year I graduated. They seem so tiny now but I am on 2 wheels and it is much easier to handle than the roadstar as far as weight is concerned. A big plus is the 47-50 mpg that they get especially now. I am having fun just scooting around the back roads near my place for sure. The day I rode it home I got on the interstate and had it going 80mph for extended periods and had no trouble at all.
Gotta love the overdrive. Missing it ever since. Even on my 1800vtx. They are so solid and smooth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have some physical issues but nothing like you're recovering from. Prayers for your continued recovery. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts