Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day guys.

Well I finally got the bike on the road legally today after more than a year. I gotta say the wait was worth it. I went out for an hour long gentle ride getting used to her and we covered a lot of the great spots where I live. I'm gonna hit the road again shortly, man I'm having a ball, a year long project finished. Thanks to all the guys here for advice and encouragement on the way through. Guess I can start doing entries on the 'daily ride' thread now and hopefully some pics. We are just into Spring now, great riding weather.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Great news Aussielad! I look forward to pictures from your rides and wish you uninterupted riding weather all thru your Spring and Summer.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
varrrooommm

That is good new:D Glen. You will enjoy this bike for many reasons, The pain of the times, the challenge of the mechanic's, the disappointment turned to joy for over coming the mechanical things and I hope for new friends. So name a date,time,do the math for me:p and I will go for a ride with you. No matter how cold or the time .

·
Registered
923 Posts
WoooooHooooo! That's great news Aussielad! I am with you, plenty of riding to catch up on..and you are entering the right time of year for it! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!!! Can't wait to see pics of you riding!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news Aussielad! I look forward to pictures from your rides and wish you uninterupted riding weather all thru your Spring and Summer.
I just got home from a night ride and got wet arse, now it wants to rain, oh well better riding wet than not riding at all.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I just got home from a night ride and got wet arse, now it wants to rain, oh well better riding wet than not riding at all.

Hells Yes Aussie! I'm totally with you on that one...never too wet, too hot, or too cold for a ride on the bike!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats Aussie. Ride safe!

PS... I hope you guys don't mind me joining in on the M*A*S*H Avatar fun! I thought about going with Hot Lips Hoolahan, but didn't want to give you all the wrong message. I know how you guys are...

·
Banned
1,741 Posts

And by all means, let us know when you feel confident enough to remove the training wheels....:D:D:D

Fair dinkum!:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
That is so awesome to hear, Aussie! Woo hoo!:D:D

In a few days when you feel your cheeks getting sore, don't worry. That always happens when you have a permanent smile on your face, you'll get used to it.:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Stargazer, Nickf2005, DonDar, TenTwelve and Springer.

Stargazer, yes back in the saddle after 25+ years:eek:

Nickf2005 it is great to have Radar on board, would you be able to find Klinger for us.........oh and Hotlips for Springer.

Don already starting to suffer a sore rear end and and think I may have already developed a 'crack in my crack',

TenTelve thanks for your congrats too, I'm remembering what I loved about riding years ago.

Springer, I better keep the training wheels on for a little while yet, I know you only say this as you care for this poor colonial.

Just woke up early and it is raining again, you wouldn't believe the great Spring weather we have been having and get my bike on the road and it rains.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Glad to hear you're riding again Aussie. I know you've been waiting awhile. Watch out for them Roos crossin' the road. Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to hear you're riding again Aussie. I know you've been waiting awhile. Watch out for them Roos crossin' the road. Enjoy! :cool:
Thanks Taboo, got up at 6.00am this morning and it's raining.......couldn't wait, sun's been blazin for the last three weeks, hoping for a break later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts