Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Andrew & I bought a 2011 Yamaha Raider S used last year and put a bunch of miles on it. I've loved every minute I've had the bike. I'm having an issue getting it started post winter storage. Tried replacing my battery with no success. The bike turned over really slow a few times and started, running great but then the next time I tried turning it over it gave me one turn and now a click is all I get when I press the starter button. Anyone have a likely culprit for my motorcycle blues? I'm hoping its not something major.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Beautiful bike and love those graphics! I'm sure someone on our forum will be able e to help with your issue. Good you have joined. With all the wind in your state not sure you can enjoy your riding just yet??? Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Andrew, from southwestern PA. Awesome looking machine ya got there. Sorry yer havin problems. I would start by looking at all the electrical connections. Starting with the ground wire. Most likely culprit. If it's not loose, try loosening and then re-tightening. Could be some corrosion.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Crap I missed the second part of your post. Check to make sure you are getting battery voltage to the signal wire (while pushing the start button) and on the main battery wire. From your battery to the starter should be no more than half a volt difference. If you are getting plenty of voltage on both, lightly, I mean lightly tap the starter with something not metal. If it starts it is a bad starter. Also try rocking the bike in gear to make sure the starter is not bound up in some way in the flywheel (for lack of a better term to call it).

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North, Wookienuts (cool name and avi). That's a nice ride you got there. You'll find a lot of knowledgeable folks here to help with your starting problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I'm going to wait until the weather warms up a little here in a week until I do some more diagnosing on the bike. I quickly did some tracing of my wires from the battery to the starter relay to the starter but I wasn't able to figure out where the starter is actually located. I'll do my best to update here on what I find. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts