Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

I'm New to Yamaha XVS950A bikes

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  tpeach66 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I live on a little island off the coast of France called "Jersey" 9x5 miles. My previous bike was a 700cc Honda Deauville. I've been riding bike seriously for the past 16 Years, in London and now in Jersey.
I'm in my earlier 60's and have turned into a fair weather rider now (I don't want to clear off water from the Chrome & Aluminum).

I was a mechanic some 35 Years ago and worked mainly on Diesel for London Transport, you've probably guested, on the big red double decker buses.

I'm considering modifying or changing my muffler as the 950A doesn't give out much of a noise )-:
Any views on drilling out the baffles or recommendations for aftermarket replacement systems that will do the job will be gratefully received.

In 2019 September, my wife and I will be joining a group of bikers in Chicago to ride Route 66 over 3 weeks.

All the very best, Alan

#3 ·
In 2019 September, my wife and I will be joining a group of bikers in Chicago to ride Route 66 over 3 weeks.
that is the quintessential "Great American Motorbike Road Trip"!

#8 ·
Reactions: Keith Post
#9 ·
howdy from TX. i also own a '09 950. i drilled out my tailpipe and did notice some increase in sound level and quality, it wasn't nearly as much as what i wanted so i went with a full aftermarket exhaust. i would advise finding youtube videos of different 950 exhaust to get a better feel for how they might sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.