Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very nice looking , Kawasaki makes a good bike , I had a 900cc and a 1000cc for years.....I was going to say a killer bike , but then everyone would think I was talking about the 2 cycle triples they made....they were all widow makers :giggle:
if you want a Yamaha with tall ears ,find a Stratoliner, I have to be doing 70 mph to shift into 5th gear....4th doesn't even start to feel you are pushing till past 60 mph ( which you can cruse in )

That's nice.
I just came back from a ride. On the interstate "on" ramp was winding it out and looked down at the speedo and was doing 55 in 3rd gear and still wasn't screaming.
The smile on my face was so big it just about pushed the helmet off my head. :LOL:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've been looking to upgrade my bike.
Looked long and hard and finally decided on what I wanted
Unfortunately it wasn't a Yamaha. I love my 950T but wanted a bike with a 6th gear that was overdrive. That led me to the Kawasaki Nomad.
Brought her home yesterday.
2012 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad.

View attachment 91074 You could have gotten an SVTC, it has a 6 speed transmission!

·
Registered
127 Posts
you are not a traitor unless you had all your Vstar friends killed.... o_O

Royal Star bikes have a steep .75 overdrive in 5th gear, so I get that. Its kinda necessary with the Royal Star V4 engine, but I think the Roadstar 5th gear is also pretty steep.

Vstar bikes, Honda and Kawasaki are all pretty close in their reliability ratings, a few percent points. If you got a Suzuki you would be mocked and ridiculed until my voice was raw :^)

The brotherhood of motorbike riders is a stronger bond than the band of Vstar bike owners - we still love you!

Hey, I have had excellent reliability with my 1996 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@Authentic Poser How is your pooch doing?

Awwwww, you just warmed my heart there Red.
She is doing great. Just took her back to her last follow up visit Wednesday and Dr released her and said she is good to go. She's back to putting weight on that leg and that just makes me the happiest man on the earth.
That was real nice of you to remember my little girl..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Whew. Glad I'm not going to be banished ! 😰

You can't run me off yet. I like hanging around here.
Too much good stuff and good people here, so I don't want to leave.
You know the look any old relative would give you when you were a kid, and it made you know you were in trouble for something?
You're getting that from me right now..............................ok, I'm over it.

Nice bike, hope you have a ton of fun with it. I actually looked at those when I was looking, but ended up with the Vstar1300.
Hope you will find the time to post a little review after you get some miles on it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey, I have had excellent reliability with my 1996 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder.
One of my riding buds has one of those Intruders and he was pleased with it. No troubles with it except stuff he broke himself like mirrors or sissy bar. He did eventually get a HD. The small tank was troublesome and he often carried a gallon of gas when we were doing road trips.

Like the looks of that Kawasaki. Sounds like a good ride. 6th would be a wonderful thing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts