Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested in upgrading from my current Road Star to a Royal Star. I know that I want a fairing instead of a windshield so, that eliminates the Tour Deluxe, unless I add the fairing later. I did this on a V-Star and prefer to not do this again.
My question is as follows; If I buy a Venture and remove the trunk to convert the bike to a solo seat (My wife rides her own bike), is there any visible/asthetic downside to doing so? I have absolutely no familiarity with trunks and any related accessories (handholds speaker/radio wiring etc), how they attach and what’s left after removal. Saddle bags will stay.
I have a line on a 2000 Yamaha Royal Star Limited Edition. Any advice is appreciated…….

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
There is a definite visible/aesthetic effect to the bike - it will look much better without Captain Kirks bridge chair stuck on the rear fender.

Im pretty sure there are no tail lights on the trunk on a 2000 RS venture - that is the thing to look for. I know some of the Gold Wing tour bikes have the brake and tail lights in the trunk itself, but from what I have seen that is not the case on the 2000 Royal Star Venture.

To be fair to the Road Star riders, I dont think I would call it an upgrade from a Road Star to a Royal Star - they are about equal bikes in most aspects, they are just designed for different purposes - the Venture is a touring bike. (wouldnt want you to start a 20 page Road Star vs Royal Star flame war here! :^)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response! My definition of upgrade was not an affront to the Roads Star or it's following. I love my Roadie - a lot. I am getting older and less interested in riding what I consider a "muscle cruiser".
The aftermarket exhaust noise takes a toll on me on longer rides. I also have a disability that compromises my ability to ride long distance. I cannot hold the throttle without pain after abut 30 minutes of riding and, it gets worse as the ride goes longer. A throttle lock and a throttle rocker offer some reliefbut, the electronic cruise control the Royal offers is what I need. I rented a Road King with cruise in Las Vegas a few years back for a multi-day ride. Having the electronic cruse control made all of the difference for me. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts