Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting Ultimate low rider seat for Wife's V Star 650
....any thoughts or suggestions. I have heard the mustang seat will set her higher in the seat which is no good.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a Mustang Seat on my bike and I'm not sure that I like it.. I've been debating on whether I want to get a new one or not.. But I'm going to give this one the summer before I made up my mind.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've tried both on my 1100. Not a lot of difference in seating position, both are more comfortable and provide a better position than stock. Ultimate is, in my opinion, a little more comfortable than the Mustang

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an Ultimate on my VStar 1300 Tour. Did a 7000 mile ride through western Canada and northern US last year with no issues. I do not know about the Mustang, but I am an Ultimate fan. My Ultimate raised me up about 1/2 inch when I first got it, but after 7000 miles it is the same height as OEM.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Just a warning to wpbowlingtech ....

I wouldn't put much stock in what people that are riding other bikes have to say about any given seat. What works great on one bike may totally suck on another. Get some feedback from other 650 riders...and also keep in mind that every ass is a little different....and the only way to really tell is to sit on another 650 with the chosen seat and check it out for yourself..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Corbin saddle on my V-Star 650. It sits a little bit lower than the stock seat, and is extremely comfortable. They are a bit pricey, but they are very high quality, they bend over backward to make sure that the saddle works for you.

Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had really poor luck with both Corbin and Mustang. Called both for assistance in selecting a seat and got blown off and told to access the website(s). Wound up calling Diamond and got the actual builder on the phone. I was looking for a good replacement dual seat configuration and he immediately asked about wifes size, dimensions, my riding style, etc. Seats came, bolted right on and I love them. Ridden with them since 2009 and cannot say enough good about them. Might want to see if they've got anything you're interested in.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Have a 650 star seat from ultimate on my 950, works just fine for me so far. Much better than stock to be sure.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Update: Was able to pick up an Ultimate 950 seat for my bike so the Ultimate 650 seat is for sale. $150 plus shipping or I will bring it to you within 200 miles on a weekend for $10.00 for the gas or maybe just for the ride :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts