Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Yamaha Passing Lamps (5S7-H54A0-U0) on my 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer. All went well until trying to connect the supplied harness connector to one of the two unused connectors in the headlight bucket. The supplied harness in the Yamaha kit is not compatible with either of the 2 unused connectors. Any input, thoughts, ideas etc is very much appreciated

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,270 Posts
great timing with your question. i just added some passing lamps on my 950 recently and ran into the same issue as you with the stock connector. i used the accessory wires (green and black wire). i just cut off the plastic connector and put on these bullet-shaped connectors i got from Home Depot. put either the male/female end on the stock wires and the other connector on your lamps' wires. then just wrap it with some electrical tape.

·
Banned
137 Posts
My passing lamps were tied in the headlight and would only come on in dim/low position. I changed them to a switch so they could be on all the time if I wanted. Jim MN

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My passing lamps were tied in the headlight and would only come on in dim/low position. I changed them to a switch so they could be on all the time if I wanted. Jim MN
i did the same thing so i could run em with high or low beam or not at all. on my 650 there was space on the kill switch housing to put the passing lamp switch and i put a pilot light in the the tank bezel. only the switch button is visible on the housing the actual switch is inside the housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts