Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I posted in NEW MEMBER FORUM on needing help installing...

Update

SUCCESS!!!

spliced my ground into the ground for cigarette lighter and power into the YELLOW wire for headlight
Works great !!!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,136 Posts
Might want to check draw on the headlight circuit. It might be to much of a draw. Going down the road with radio playing, turn on high beam, pop goes the fuse, total darkness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never touched high beam wire. So PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong ( I'm learning as I go) will it still blow a fuse going down road if I use my high beam. My low beam that I'm spliced into works great

·
5,136 Posts
The headlight, both hi and low beam, use the same fuse on every bike I've owned. Most newer cars have separate hi and low beam circuit. Which bike do you have? I would not tap power from the headlight circuit due to safety concerns. If you do not change I would suggest to carry extra fuses. Is you blow the fuse on the road, turn amp off and change fuse, should make it home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok just went out and tried flipping to high beam
Now the problem is this go to high beam it turns the amp off ????? Now I'm totally baffled😤🤨

·
5,136 Posts
Only one fuse, 15 Amp.

·
5,136 Posts
Ok just went out and tried flipping to high beam
Now the problem is this go to high beam it turns the amp off ????? Now I'm totally baffled😤🤨
Headlight switch determines which wire is hot. If your bike has driving lights you can tap off that circuit. Don't recommend but would work. Best to install relay connected to battery.

·
5,136 Posts
I would suggest to google "how to wire a 4 pin relay". A relay would be the correct way to accomplish your installation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts