Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to put together my new tank for my vstar 1100 bobber. It's in a few pieces, and before I weld it together, I need to get some things straight for how to petcock goes in. I'm a little confused. The tank came with a female bung in the bottom. The tank was cut apart and new bung will be put in. Now, the petcock I got looks identical to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181328940419?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am a little confused at house this is supposed to be set up. So, I weld a 3/8" female bung into the tank? Is there then a 3/8 male adapter that goes into that and I use a two sided reverse nut to install the petcock? I am slightly confused at the setup of how this all goes together. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
After you determine the proper depth so that the pick up tube is properly located...I'd just weld in a female bung to suit. I'm sure there are other methods....but that's the easiest, usually the best looking and the one I usually see. Take some time to get the petcock facing the right direction when everything is tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts