Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for bike insurers, folks? I have been with Grange Ins. for a few years for my Roadliner but they want 4.5x more premium for the Eluder GT. My broker is looking around for an alternative.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My auto insurance company (USAA) doesn't cover motorcycles in Ohio but, they partner with Progressive so, that's who I use. I paid $379 for the full year for Liability Only on my 01 Star 650 and, Full Coverage on my 14 Stratoliner. Rates are very dependent on your state. Also, some places you can insure partial years (riding season).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
get a quote form Progressive online

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Progressive will find you the best rate, here in the states

Ride safe. Ride often!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Progressive gives you good rate then jacks the rate during the next year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My auto insurance company (USAA) doesn't cover motorcycles in Ohio but, they partner with Progressive so, that's who I use. I paid $379 for the full year for Liability Only on my 01 Star 650 and, Full Coverage on my 14 Stratoliner. Rates are very dependent on your state. Also, some places you can insure partial years (riding season).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, JimCanaday. I just got a call from my broker that Progressive has a good rate and he is going to get confirmation from them. BTW, I am from the Cincinnati area.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Has anyone heard of Markel motorcycle insurance, I just got an ad from them in the mail.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Progressive gives you good rate then jacks the rate during the next year.

not for me

my 650 with full coverage is about $130 / year, covers my gear, i ride about 5000 miles a year

and it has not changed in the last 7 years - I dont remember what my Royal Star premium is... about $200 I think.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I used Progressive before.
But last renewal I checked with Erie who has my home and car also. MC insurance was cheaper adding to that policy.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,750 Posts
I use Progressive and they treated me right when I totaled my FZ1 in 2012. I got a great price from the bike, plus my gear that was damaged: helmet, jacket, gloves and Bluetooth headset. I stay with them.

Reactions: KCW

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
progressive does a lot of research in motorcycle safety and are very supportive of riders

insuring motorcycles is a big part of their business

Reactions: Authentic Poser

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
I have been with Progressive for thirty years and they have picked up my bike 15 or 16 times and I have never been charged a cent.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
Also I pay $74.00 for both bikes basic + uninsured drivers.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
456 Posts
I also used progressive. Literally just renewed my 650 with them. Cost $114 for liability for 12 months...

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Star Venture TC
46 Posts
Add me to the Progressive list. Been with them for 20 years now, no complaints.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any recommendations for bike insurers, folks? I have been with Grange Ins. for a few years for my Roadliner but they want 4.5x more premium for the Eluder GT. My broker is looking around for an alternative.
I have Foremost now. I did have Progressive until I totaled my 14 Stratoliner. Then when i purchased my SVTC, Progressive was doubling my rate, so I switched. I'm just under $400 a year with the same coverage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also have Progressive with full coverage. Been with them about 3 years with my bike now. I have full coverage, roadside, minimum vanishing deductable, and all in I'm paying about 500 a year in Michigan. I got a quote on the website matching the insurance and keeping both my 1300 and an Eluder GT, and it was around $850 for both bikes per year maxing out all the options.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts