Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Liberty Mutual here. $60 a year for basic on my '74 RD350 - for this area (MA), that's absurdly cheap! Usually that's per MONTH, not for a whole entire year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Liberty bibberty lol sorry couldn’t help myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any recommendations for bike insurers, folks? I have been with Grange Ins. for a few years for my Roadliner but they want 4.5x more premium for the Eluder GT. My broker is looking around for an alternative.
I have, GEICO. $212.00 A YEAR WITH COLLISION ON MY 2005 ROAD STAR.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My agent (Doug Pesko, Youngstown OH) set me up with Dairyland Insurance. I am covering my '13 Roadliner S and the Eluder GT with:

100/300 Bodily injury (includes passenger liability)
100k Property Damage
5k Medical Payments
100 ded. on Comprehensive (ACV up to 60k)
500 ded. on Collision (ACV up to 60k)
5k Optional Equip.
100/300 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury

Total 1 year premium for both: $385.00

Thanks to all for your input! Next thing on the "To Do" list: figuring out how to activate Navigation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got American Family -- they were great for my Kaw, not so much for Eluder--- thanks for the suggestions everyone

·
Registered
2007 XVS1300 Blue and basic
30 Posts
You guys are so lucky. I am Canadian and only ride 8 months a year. 07 xvs1300 is $1,195 a year liability only. I know money exchange is about 70 cents on the dollar. But it's like they want to price bikes off the road up here.

·
Registered
438 Posts
But it's like they want to price bikes off the road up here.
I'm afraid they are doing that all over the place and not just with bikes. My truck is diesel. Since December, diesel fuel in my area has gone up more than 60 cents per gallon. If I can't afford the fuel then I can't run the motor. If the motor isn't running, they've accomplished their goal without outwardly acknowledging doing so.

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
571 Posts
30 years of no motorcycle, and GEICO gives me a quote just under $360.00 for a year. $25.xx down, $22/$25 per month. Cheaper if bought in full. Added to basic liability: 1 level higher on every option. Didn't look, just upped everything.
I KNOW the uninsured/under insured was shown as mandatory even though NOT required in Missouri. I increased it also.i think the bare minimum was $230/year if paid in full up front.

Free towing included for mechanical failure (specified flat tire included). There was a milage specified, I think the 1 level above base made it 100/150 mile towing.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts