Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took some time this past weekend to do a couple upgrades. I already have cobra drag pipes, but I went ahead and added the kuryakyn hi-five intake with K&N filter. With all that flow, jetting was needed. So I picked up the speedstar jet kit and installed it. It only came with 50 and 60 primary's, but I had a 37.5 laying around so I put that in. Upped the main to 170, and it purrs like a kitten.

The intake didn't have 2 slots, for the crankcase and carb vents, only one. So I put the crankcase to the filter and added a small vent filter from advance auto parts for the carb. Let me tell you, it sounds great. And the power... In 3rd through 5th gear the engine can break friction of the clutch. first and second it just accelerates as fast as I roll the throttle. Once I get everything dialed in, those 3 together will be a serious power boost.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's lots of breathing room for the filter, it has a good amount of surface area. My only complaint is it comes out further than stock, so my leg rests against the outside. It even pushes my foot half way off the floorboard.

Now that I'm getting the PMS dialed in, boy there's a ton of power there. With all the bolt-on's making the bike a lot heavier, I've noticed it slow down a bit. With it opened up and new jets in the carb dialed in correctly, that lost performance is back. But somewhere along the line I bumped my left speaker wire and now my left speaker isn't working, so I get to take it apart again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts