Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Names Rick im from Belleville Ontario Canada, and Ive only been riding for a couple years now. Im a welding student, so alot of what i do is not on an overly crazy budget, and my bike (lifeline) is an ever evolving project much like myself. I started off with a 98 vstar classic with about 80 000 km on it, and have slowly made changes here and there. Hoping to be able to post a final complete bike within the next month or so!

I have a couple photos of when I bought the bike and me riding at the end of last season, but the ever evolving project will look quite different again in a few weeks with new paint and parts.

Cheers Everyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the crew from just north east from ya. This is a great place to talk bike and share stories, experiences and mods. Don't be shy and post often, ask all the questions you have with the exception of oil, tires, seats... LOL

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

PS: Wasaga beach in July is the place to be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey welcome to the forum. Nice lookin' ride. Can't wait to see what changes you will make to it, but I think it looks pretty good now!
Have fun, and as Corsair says, post often.

Much appreciated! Ive got some beach bars, lower profile mirrors, new grips with turn signals integrated...so Ive removed the front signals. I have also taken off the license plate/tailight/turn signal assembly from the rear fender and welded and filled all the holes. Moved the plate and taillight to a side mount, and moved the rear signals to just under the seat. I loved the current paint on the bike but my brother and I did it in our garage, so I have sent the tins in for proper paint. Looking to get a swingarm bag likely at some point in the future as well.

Hope everyones having a good one, we got about three feet of snow in the last 36 hours!!!

Cheers!

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome Doza87 from the Maritimes. Getting hit with that snow today. I just got sent home from work because of blizzard conditions and it's not stopping until sometime tomorrow. That's a nice looking ride. Can't wait to see the after pics. Keep smilin' - a couple more months and we can wave goodbye to all this white stuff and get back to riding.

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice intro and bike! Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Nice looking bike. I love the look and the color, and I do have to say: motorcycle riders have to ride as if our bikes are invisible

and your bike is really invisible!

I had a '74 beetle that was that color. Drivers ran into me twice and swore they never saw me coming.... I painted it bright yellow after the 2nd accident.

Not that I would paint your bike a different color.... just be aware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts