Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XVS1300 Blue and basic
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site so I joined to read and learn from others. My last bike 1980 Honda cb900 custom, which's was a 10-speed shaft drive. It was good to me. Now rolling on this 2007 XVS1300. I am a retired Millwright and hotrod guy. My other toys a 57 Chevy Drag car, and 2003 SSR. I hope to fit in with all here. Ed The REBEL with a cause.

·
Super Moderator
3,354 Posts
REBEL, Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. We would love to see some pics of your bike.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Rochester NY. You will be in good company with others North of the border! Nice ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida.
Would like to see the Chevy also.
It is down to frame for a full rebuild. but this is it when it was red, When she hits the track again it will be Blue, Light blue, purple, gold, and magenta. Small block with trematic 5 speed 4:56 gear new rims and tires coming. I Airbrush and custom paint :) The avatar is my airbrush work. I did not know I
needed a knome here :) I have had this 57 since 1973 and it is my third one.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome from the FL panhandle. As to fitting in; the car. Very nice looking and I'm sure the blue will be much nicer, but for me, I wouldn't want to turn that into a hot rod (at least on the outside). Wait a minute, maybe its me that doesn't fit in here.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,750 Posts
Hello Ed and welcome from Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Nice looking bike, clean and simple. You’ll fit in just fine here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Nice looking bike, clean and simple. You’ll fit in just fine here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been down the Dragon three times with my SSR truck. I do not know if I would ride down there that far with the bike. It has to be double up with the wife and she is what sets the trip odometer. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Lol, why would I?

They haven't won a cup since before I was born 52 years ago.

I hate to say it but,
Go Detroit!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, why would I?

They haven't won a cup since before I was born 52 years ago.

I hate to say it but,
Go Detroit!
OH your one of those. :) we are 40 min from Detroit. My neighborhood is full of you guys. :) I am 67 I did see them win the cup.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I used to like the Sabres but I decided I would like to see my team win a cup. 😃

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome from Cypress, TX. Love the color of that bike. I am a car guy as well and am beginning a project on my wife's 1950 Pontiac Chieftain. Doing this because she allows me my toys and should have one of her own. You will find a lot of car guys here on the forum and from time to time discussions have turned to cars. Ride safe. Ride often. See you out on the road.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts