Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Intro

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  REBEL 
#1 ·
Just found this site so I joined to read and learn from others. My last bike 1980 Honda cb900 custom, which's was a 10-speed shaft drive. It was good to me. Now rolling on this 2007 XVS1300. I am a retired Millwright and hotrod guy. My other toys a 57 Chevy Drag car, and 2003 SSR. I hope to fit in with all here. Ed The REBEL with a cause.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida.
Would like to see the Chevy also.
It is down to frame for a full rebuild. but this is it when it was red, When she hits the track again it will be Blue, Light blue, purple, gold, and magenta. Small block with trematic 5 speed 4:56 gear new rims and tires coming. I Airbrush and custom paint :) The avatar is my airbrush work. I did not know I
needed a knome here :) I have had this 57 since 1973 and it is my third one.

#9 ·
Welcome from the FL panhandle. As to fitting in; the car. Very nice looking and I'm sure the blue will be much nicer, but for me, I wouldn't want to turn that into a hot rod (at least on the outside). Wait a minute, maybe its me that doesn't fit in here.

#20 ·
Welcome from Cypress, TX. Love the color of that bike. I am a car guy as well and am beginning a project on my wife's 1950 Pontiac Chieftain. Doing this because she allows me my toys and should have one of her own. You will find a lot of car guys here on the forum and from time to time discussions have turned to cars. Ride safe. Ride often. See you out on the road.

#22 ·
I want to thank all that welcome me here. The comments on the Blue paint, which is factory, is part of why I wanted this bike. Solid no stripes or emblems just basic solid color makes it look bigger. I will try and help here on the site and will get some on the road videos when the weather turns. some of my airbrush work.

#25 ·
Solid color for visual weight. Want to keep it as simple clean as possible. Going to hate pillion and backrest when my wife comes along. But do want to add passing lights to bulk up the front end. I prefer a heavy frontend and a stripped-down rear end look. I am just across lake Eire near Point Pelee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.