Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm not an owner of a Yamaha but am looking to move on to a cruiser. My short list includes the V Star 1300 Tourer and a few other bikes so for the meantime I'm just here trying to learn a little bit more about the bike so that I can make an informed buying decision.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from north ms.
May I suggest that you shop around and find what fits you,and your goals in riding. Prices can vary place to place, and if you buy used, ask for maintenance records, etc. Keep us updated on what you find, and tell us where you hail from. Happy hunting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm originally from Georgia but retired from the Army in Central Texas. I currently ride a Honda 919 which is a very good all around bike but it's not a logical choice for long rides. Took my bike from just North of Austin to Arkansas and felt it afterwards. Took a friend's 883 to Indy and it was a piece of cake so looking for something bigger than a Sportster, cheaper than a Harley with bags and a little bit of power since I'm coming from an inline 4. Going to the local Yamaha dealership tomorrow and see if they have any 1300s in stock that I can check out. There are a few good deals that I've found but still looking. I've been riding since the mid 90s so no strangers to bikes at all but my next one will be a cruiser.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Cruisers are super chill. Last year I had an FZ6. This year a V Star 950, and I'm not looking back. However I may want a second bike one day. Either standard or naked street fighter. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts