Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new found friends!!! I have finally popped that bubble and purchased an amazing bike 06 road star 1700. Great ride! At least until I broke it. My first bike. A little big I know. Go big or go home, right. I ended up tipping it over. Just some
Cosmetic damage. How ever my running light stopped
Working. WHIle fixing it I tried to fix the sticky ignition. Now I cannot get electrical power to come on. I have a full battery. Nervous to remove the tank off to check the ignition and wires. Any suggestions on where to buy replacement parts? Or good mechanics in the Hampton roads area?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome David, sorry to hear you had a miss hap. I fell over with my Roadstar, they are heavy beasts but I love it.
Did you check your fuses?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome from eastern Canada David. Recently got back into riding myself and considered a Roadie but decided on an 1100 classic instead. I can't help much with your electrical issues but glad you weren't hurt. Lots of helpful people here so I'm sure someone can help.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome David, from southwestern PA.Congrats on yer new acquisition. Sorry ta hear bout yer little mis-hap. S it does happen though sometimes. Even to the best of us. I'm sure you'll have it back in no time. Post up some pics if ya got any. We luv pics.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
David, if you are a new rider with an expensive bike like that, the MSF beginners course is only about $250.

And I dont know how you tipped your bike over, but how to keep from dropping your bike in the driveway or garage is literally the first thing they teach you in the riding part of the class.... Seriously - it is a thing and it happens alot

I know a person that bought a brand new Harley Sportster, rode it 70 miles home from the dealer, into the drive way, got off and tried to put down the kickstand.... and down it went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts