Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Just registered. I own a 1995 Vmax and also a 2004 Vstar 1100 Classic which I inherited from my Dad last year (R.I.P.). I'm hoping to find some seat options for the Vstar to get me a little further away from the gas tank. Feels a little cramped. I'll post in the Vstar forum here but if anyone has suggestions fire away.

Here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Thats bittersweet to have your Dad's bike. I inherited my brothers bicycle and its always a bit emotional to take it for a ride.

Before you start parting with money for a new seat read through this website: http://diymotorcycleseat.com/

If you decide to modify your seat and you mess it up and you have to buy another one, then no real loss.

Or maybe your seat only needs a bit of foam added here and there.

And if nothing else, it will give you an excellent understanding of what a comfortable seat entails.

I know my stock seat on my VS650 needs to be modified, because whenever I hit a bump I slide forward about 4 inches. Definitely on my dewList.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The V-Max was my dream bike when I was a teenage girl. Haha. Nice couple of Yamahas you have there.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm a long time fan of the Vmax too.. Well V4 bikes in general. I own a website/forum similar to this one which is dedicated to the Honda Magna, Sabre, Yamaha Vmax and Suzuki Madura. Love those old V4 bikes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts