Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gent's. The forum suggested I make an introduction post, so here I am.

Name is Mike, and I am currently riding a 2009 VStar 950. I have previously owned 3 other Yamaha's, and 1 Honda. I learned to ride on a bike I got from my dad, a 1981 Honda Goldwing GL1100. What a beast of a bike to learn on.
Sold that and got my first Star, a 2004 VStar 650 Classic. After one summer and a trip to Sturgis, it was time for an upgrade.
Moved up to a 2004 VStar 1100 Silverado, and loved every minute of that bike, until it was sold shortly after the birth of my son.
10 years later, the itch needed to be scratched, so I found an old and affordable 92 Virago XV750. The wife was never all that comfortable on it, and that bike didn't ever feel like it was happy going 70, so just this summer I gave it to my father in law, and found my way into a 2009 VStar 950 Touring. This bike has been loved, with 35,000 miles on the tach, but I'm glad its previous owner enjoyed it as much as I would hope to. New tires, oil change, and spark plugs should compliment the existing Cobra intake, exhaust and fuel injector tuner nicely. The 950 also has both rider and passenger Ultimate seat's, which the wife and I are both thoroughly enjoying.

See you on the road!

Mike.

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Hi Mike!
Welcome from East Tennessee and a fellow 950 owner. Both wife and I ride an 09’ 950. Mine has the same mods as yours and hers is the base model with upgrades. Love to see some pics of your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome, Mike, from another 950 rider. That's a beautiful bike. Good choice. You'll be happy with it.

Lots of 950 owners on the forum but I rarely see one out on the road. Strange. Just unlucky, I guess.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,073 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts