Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a swap meet today (Pennsylvania) and guy in next booth had a 2005 VStar 1100 on sale. $3,500. 29K miles, pretty much 100% stock. I'd go so far as to call it 'pristine' condition. Nary a scratch, dent or scuff. Started great, ran great, no smoke, oil looked good... Pretty much everything you can glean from a 5-minute look-see was good. Didn't take a photo (duh!) but the image below is a fair representation.

FWIW, no takers by end of day. And... well... the thought has crossed my mind to pick it up tomorrow morning if it's a good deal.

So curious if folks think that's a good deal or not... I have my own thoughts on it, but want to hear what other folks have to say first (I'll reveal after a few responses, just to play fair)...

Thanks,

KC

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have a buddy in Oregon trying to sell one that is fully decked out with custom paint, cams, dyna, coils, pods, Corbin seat etc etc etc..... he had no takers at $3500.... I'd be in the ball game around + or - $2500 for a stock bike if I was looking....but prices vary everywhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Man, where are you from? If I was in the market, I'd use both feet and jump all over that.

And even with 29,000mi., doesn't sound like a bad deal either if bike was well kept, and sounds like it was.
In Illinois - 20 minutes NW of St. Louis

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Where you live totally affects the NADA value on everything. Up here in Massachusetts everything is more expensive. Always have to expect to pay more for a bike up here in MA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts