Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my new Metzler Marathon 888's put on this week, and the shop I'm taking the bike to said that he static balances rather than spin balances bike tires. I'm guessing this is simply due to the fact that a static balancer is cheaper, and he doesn't own a dynamic balancer, however he said that it's more accurate for motorcycle tires.

So what say ye? Is static balancing alone okay for motorcycle tires?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm getting my new Metzler Marathon 888's put on this week, and the shop I'm taking the bike to said that he static balances rather than spin balances bike tires. I'm guessing this is simply due to the fact that a static balancer is cheaper, and he doesn't own a dynamic balancer, however he said that it's more accurate for motorcycle tires.

So what say ye? Is static balancing alone okay for motorcycle tires?
static balancing always worked for me, but i don't go much over 80 mph. also when mounting tires the valve stem isn't always the heavy section of a rim. when lining up the light spot on a tire find the actual heavy spot on the rim before mounting the tire" mark it " and put the light spot on the tire there. you'll use less balancing weights doing it that way. i you plan on running at high speeds over 100mph dynamic balancing is best. for normal riding static will work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts