Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 1100 classic that is stock. What I am looking for is a different look for the air cleaner. I want something different than the Dog Bowl look. I'm not interested in performance upgrades at this time so I'm not going to spend the money on one of the big air kits when all I want is a different cover. It doesn't matter to me if its still the same round shape of something completely different. I just want something that's aesthetically a little "custom".
Am I SOL or are there different covers out there? I have searched the net but all I end up finding is hyperchargers or big air. :confused:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
If you can fabricate.....the sky is the limit.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have the black Classic emblem on my cover .:mad:
I'm just surprised there aren't any options out there for this. Is it because the bike has been out of production for so long or was there just never anything offered for this?
Just seems odd to me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm sure you can still find one of these it's a factory performance part but from what I read requires no jetting. Further research since it's been a long time it's listed as speed star air cleaner. I was going to get one when I got my bike but opted for rear floorboards instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSC, thanks as well for the suggestion but that's a entire filer/intake set up which is not what I am after. Apparently what I want is just not out there. I don't understand why no one ever manufactured different covers for the existing filter housing. Something like whats on this page is what I want...http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ccSearch.cfm?q=v star 1100 air cleaner&selfq=&&fq=&page=3&next=32&view=grid&rows=16
Granted these are stickers not an actual cover.

But of course any of those I can find are for certain aftermarket filters. So far nothing for the OE filter. :D
The bike came with pods and a filter kit. Maybe I should just install that and eliminate the side intake completely.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct corsair. Didn't realize it would cost $100 though :eek:
But it's a start. Thanks man I will definitely look further into this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I absolutely HATED the way the air filter cover on my 950 looked. I took it off and bought a can of Krylon black spray paint and Krylon clear coat. You wouldn't believe how much it changed the look. I was gonna buy the big air kit but I'm like you and didn't want to spend a fortune or have to get the performance mods. I'm probably gonna get a decal to put on it just cuz that's my style tho.:cool:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do a little more searching earlier today and found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-99-09-YAMAHA-V-Star-XV1100-Billet-Air-Cleaner-Insert-Ball-Milled-Chrome-NOS/221542370725?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140602152332&meid=49e47da439314f57bfc70eb667077a87&pid=100011&prg=20140602152332&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=121411342865

Of all places Yamaha has something that may work. A million aftermarket companies out there and I find what I'm looking for from OE. go figure. I just assume this sticks to the center of the cover via some type of adhesive. For $30 probably gonna give it a try.
I agree painting it would completely change the look but personally the blacked-out look isn't for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts