Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am posting here as I am going to look at this bike tomorrow and hopefully become the next owner.

I'm Canadian, so prices and mileage will be in Canadian. Sorry if that makes it difficult.

It's a 2003 Star 650 classic, has just a hair under 40,000kms, and as you can see from the pictures, is loaded with aftermarket accessories. Tires are new, but thats about all I know for now. I can buy the bike for $2400 for sure, I will try and get him down a touch more. Is this a good deal? I know thats slightly higher kms, but for a 2003 I don't think its too bad. Any pointers or things I should look for when checking it out? Thanks very much!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi Lance, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee.
In my opinion and judging from my local market, it's a tad high for the mileage. I'd ask for service recipients and/or information about how it's been serviced. It's a clean looking bike from this pics you provided, I'd just look a little deeper, but that's just me. Glad you joined us and keep us updated on what you decide to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd ask for service recipients and/or information about how it's been serviced. It's a clean looking bike from this pics you provided, I'd just look a little deeper, but that's just me.
Bike has been garage kept summer and winter all of its life, he's the original owner, and without seeing him in person so far the only thing that I know has been done is a new pickup coil. The high mileage is what prompted me to come here for advise. Is there something that I should inquire to him about that these bikes have trouble with at around this mileage? (And I did the conversion, it has 24,000Miles)

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Lance, I just did a quick search on Cycle Trader and as Keith said it's a little high. The $2400 Can converts to about $1900 US. I saw several 2005 - 2009 with less milage for same money. With that said, if in great shape might be worth it. The market up there for you might demand better money for good rides. If you like it and comfortable with price go for it. Maybe you could use the ads in Cycle Trader as a tool to get the price down a little. Remember, cash in hand can be a big motivator for the seller. Keep us informed on you decision.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Not sure what part of Canada you're in Lance, but I was looking at an 05 with about 24,000km for the same price here in the Maritimes. It looks like a nice bike but like the others said, that is top dollar. Maybe he'll move a little on the price though.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Keep us informed on what you end up doing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts