Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Custom
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like a bit of carbon build up, it wouldn't worry me to see my plugs like that after being used for a while...
I was just worried because it was glistening but not gunked... And like we JUST went through the class and so its fresh in my mind. Im just waiting for this other shoe to drop on this bike.

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
965 Posts
I was just worried because it was glistening but not gunked... And like we JUST went through the class and so its fresh in my mind. Im just waiting for this other shoe to drop on this bike.
Sorry I'm a little late to this. By glistening, do you mean wet? If so, did it smell like gas? If so, check to make sure you have spark, and / or if the bike is running rich. If it is oil, you would see blue-ish grey smoke from the exhaust. Is that happening?

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Custom
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I'm a little late to this. By glistening, do you mean wet? If so, did it smell like gas? If so, check to make sure you have spark, and / or if the bike is running rich. If it is oil, you would see blue-ish grey smoke from the exhaust. Is that happening?
It may have been kind of wet, however I figured out that piston had not been firing, at all. This was before I had started it though and I was doing a sparkplug inspection before ripping into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.