Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I will be having our first baby in about a month. Not wanting to be constrained to the cage, I rigged up the car seat to my bike to bring baby home from the hospital. (I just need to find an infant sized helmet) Now people are telling me that I can't do this and that it's not safe...
What are your thoughts?...

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1437419818.361218.jpg

THIS IS A JOKE! Thought it would be good for a laugh.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I didn't know it was a joke until I saw Canada. You'd of had me if you changed that to El Salvador.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Wanna really turn some heads...put a baby doll in it and go for a spin. I bet you get stopped before you get back home.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes it is wrong on several levels but funny as he!!..... And it would turn a few heads.

My question is whether momma is in any condition to ride home on the motorcycle? If so she's tougher than ANYBODY I know! LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love it! And the bucket is a good alternative to the car seat. That would open up the space for the wife!
While I was strapping the car seat to the bike, I got a lot of dirty looks from people driving by...

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
I had to do a double take at first, very funny and a great laugh. I agree with Summer, bet you get stopped several times, lol.

·
Registered
522 Posts
This thread is kinda ironic for me.

My neighbor who also owns a strat like mine (except its black so much slower than mine) just had a baby a few months ago. We were going to strap a car seat to the back and stick a doll in there, take a video and send it to his wife while she was at work...

The plan is still in process.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had to do a double take at first, very funny and a great laugh. I agree with Summer, bet you get stopped several times, lol.
But technically you aren't breaking any law so let them stop you all they want!
Better yet get several bikes together and all of you do it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My wife and I will be having our first baby in about a month. Not wanting to be constrained to the cage, I rigged up the car seat to my bike to bring baby home from the hospital. (I just need to find an infant sized helmet) Now people are telling me that I can't do this and that it's not safe...
What are your thoughts?...
It is perfectly legal, safe and in good taste but, you must take mom to the hospital on the bike while she is in labor. It appears you may have to run home to put the baby seat back on since mom will be sitting there on the way to the hospital. You may have to make two trips on the way home or leave one of them at the hospital. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts