Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my bike a week ago and it's been running excellent just going back and forth to work. Yesterday was the first time I took a longer ride. I rode 2 1/2 hours north with no issues and then back. A couple of miles from my house I lost my throttle and I heard my engine pinging (the previous owner told me I'd hear that occasionally depending the RPMs) and then I lost my throttle. It came back and then everything was fine. A few minutes later it did it again. After that my bike had temporarily shut off. I have not been able to test the battery or rectifier yet but going to check that first. I do know that sometimes when I'm cranking the gauges and digital read outs go blank. That's what is making me lean towards there is an electronic issue which in turn will affect the throttle if the bike "shuts off". Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated. The previous owner kept stellar shape and records of the bike so I'm sure it's going to just be a coincidence that anything has happened.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts