Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it. Got my first big scratch. More of a chip actually. I was at the tail end of a 800 km ride in the pouring rain when I dropped my gas cap onto the tank. Although the bike has 28000 kms on it and the chip is only 1/4" in size it still hurts. And I'm pretty sure that the Grey colour below is slowing me down too.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Sorry to hear that, that sux!
Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you slowly remove all the red paint, over time you won't realize how slow the bike is becoming. But good point on the gray underneath, I can't imagine how slow the bike will get as it changes from red to gray. :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pobrecito, Poor guy. Can´t empathize with you more. My brother-in-law came by the other day. When he sat down he propped his leg up on my front fender while I was getting a beer. When i got back I yelled at him and his feeling are hurt. I guess it will buff out but GOD DA....... I am pissed. Hate that grey color under there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I can find any humour in this it was when I realized that even though I was deaf with my ear plugs in, everyone around me at the gas bar wasn't. I guess I cut loose with a barrage of profanity so colourful even a drill sergeant would blush. Lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Now I get it. Yamaha put gray pin-stripes on my blue Strat to slow it down and keep it from shattering any standing laws of physics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts