Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

it's 80 degrees in NY

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  SparkyD 
#1 ·
And I need to get some riding done! I've known about this site for a few years and looked at it some. Finally decided I should join

#3 ·
Hi buvoir! Welcome aboard!

We have been in the mid to upper 70s for the past week here, and just broke the record high for the 4th straight day! We've seen 80 a couple times already, and it's staying in the 60s at night. Kinda weird, but I'll take it!

#4 ·
Welcome aboard. Pictures,picture,pictures.It's been raining,snowing and blowing like someone pissed mother nature off. Enough is enough. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

#5 ·
My dear newb Buvoir or drink fountain, the book of newb is quite clear.

You of all people, being a lurker for "a few years" should have this book memorized. One of the chapters in this book states that "long time lurkers shall post pics of their ride and tell the members of the forum, known as forumees, where they ride, what they rode before and any other U.B.I they deem worth saying". :) I leave it to you to tell the forumees where in the book you found this quote.

Welcome to the forum. You know that a sense of humour is recommended here but a pic of your ride is non negociable. :D

#6 ·
Well said Corsair. You do have a way with words.

#8 ·
Glad to see that spring has finally sprung here in the Northeast. Looking forward to the street sweepers finally doing their job and getting rid of all the sand from the roads!

#9 ·
corsair. you crack me up. Dunno how i missed your response. In the couple weeks i've been here, I've already been helped to the tune of saving me at least 500 bucks. I've tried to help a couple. Book of newb? What in the world is that? As far as the other questions. Let's see, I've ridden 300,000 miles on 6 continents and this is my 10th bike! .. ... no, not really. This is my first bike and i ride around upstate new york 3-5k miles a year. Most times solo, but sometimes with a girl riding with me. Usually different girls hehe. I'll check out bevo's links now *wave

#11 ·
Buvoir as an Easter gift I will bring you directly to the proper place in the book of newb that helps you post pics.

On page 23 of chap 1 in para 69 sub para 90 it is written that "To post pics one must go to the Go Advanced tab click on it. Enter your lifes story if not already done and then go to the Manage attachments tab. There you will have to find where your pic(s) is/are on your puter and upload them." See the book does exist :D

Ride safe and hope to see you on the road this summer.

#14 ·
You're quite wrong, you know? It's not 80 degrees in Rochester, more like 77 degrees, 36 minutes West, and 43 degrees 9 minutes N.;)

So your GPS is waaaay off:D

But welcome anyway, any error is always a matter of degree:rolleyes:

#16 ·
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.