Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For instances I had no clue the signals were self-cancelling and that the top of headlight housing slides over the ignition. :D BRB gonna go read the manual for everything I own. :p

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Did you get the addendum mailed to you yet?

Don't worry if you didn't, all it mentions is that the manual isn't color specific. It reads on about the trouble shooting section on speed per RPM and at each gear may not be achieved for red, gray, and black paint schemes. Some added mumbo jumbo about those colors being much slower than the values in print.
:D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get the addendum mailed to you yet?

Don't worry if you didn't, all it mentions is that the manual isn't color specific. It reads on about the trouble shooting section on speed per RPM and at each gear may not be achieved for red, gray, and black paint schemes. Some added mumbo jumbo about those colors being much slower than the values in print.
:D
I kind of figured that was all common sense anyhow. :D

·
Administrator
13,703 Posts
For instances I had no clue the signals were self-cancelling and that the top of headlight housing slides over the ignition. :D BRB gonna go read the manual for everything I own. :p
the manual didn't help me one iota when i was changing out my mirrors. no one ever told me that one mirror unscrews in one direction and the other unscrews in a counter direction. things were thrown and broken out of anger that day

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the manual didn't help me one iota when i was changing out my mirrors. no one ever told me that one mirror unscrews in one direction and the other unscrews in a counter direction. things were thrown and broken out of anger that day
Oh, I've had those days. :D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
It reads on about the trouble shooting section

Hah!! Caught your lying butt! :mad:

In the first place, you can't read. ;)

Secondly, if you had some HD rider explain it to you, you'd have seen the fine print state that Yamaha doesn't offer production bikes in blue...blue, black and gray are primer colors for incomplete line reject models sold on the black market at discounted prices to the black cherry wannabes.:D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Funny on that one, the pup salesman I had when I bought my 1100 was showin me all the ins and outs of the bike, He says ,now here is the turn signal switch, you gotta turn it back this way to turn it off:rolleyes: Yes, the owners manual is a dandy little piece of literature if you don't know already. Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah!! Caught your lying butt! :mad:

In the first place, you can't read. ;)

Secondly, if you had some HD rider explain it to you, you'd have seen the fine print state that Yamaha doesn't offer production bikes in blue...blue, black and gray are primer colors for incomplete line reject models sold on the black market at discounted prices to the black cherry wannabes.:D
Incorrect sir. Blue is Yamaha's color and they would never consider using it as a primer color and covering it up with an inferior color and who in their right mind would ride something who's hue sounds like it was named after a Detroit stripper?

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
who in their right mind would ride something who's hue sounds like it was named after a Detroit stripper?

You need to get out more. Experience the world. And if you haven't been with a Detroit stripper, you have no idea what you're missing:)

But then, I guess that's why the Puritans controlled their children with "Blue Laws". Like the the blue bikes, they didn't get out much, either...:D:D:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Speaking of PURE,
Black as sin
Black as night
Black as the inside of a tunnel
Black is the color of my true loves hair
Black beauty
Black diamond
Black and blue
Black knight
Black rules boys.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I knew about slide on the headlight but self canceling? Really? I did not know that!

FS

·
Administrator
13,703 Posts
on the 950, they will turn off after either 500 yards or about 15 seconds, whichever comes first, unless you turn them on while the bike is sitting still like at an intersection so you don't have to keep turning them on again and again

·
Registered
143 Posts
Incorrect sir. Blue is Yamaha's color and they would never consider using it as a primer color and covering it up with an inferior color and who in their right mind would ride something who's hue sounds like it was named after a Detroit stripper?
Hey I resemble that remark I rode Black Cherry she was hot!!!:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts