Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In eighteen days I'll be working my last shift as a full time LEO in desoto county, ms. The better half and I have decided to retire and relocate to the mountains of east Tn.
We will be halfway between Chattanooga and Knoxville on Brayton Mountain on 17 acres at 2200 foot elevation.
We'll both be working part time and spending time with family of which I have plenty of in the area. I'll be close to the 'dragons tail' which is on my bucket list, and there are tons of bikes in and around the region.
My time on the forum will be hit and miss for the next few weeks, and my fellow moderators are picking up the slack, thank you for that.
After we have moved, pics will be forthcoming and it's goes without saying that if anyone is in the area, make sure you stop by.
These pics IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2890.JPG will give you an idea of where we're moving to. Please wish us well in our new adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congratulations, If I had known how nice it was to retire, I would have done it at age 25 instead of 65. Be careful, there's lots of hillbillies in that area, :smile: Augie

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sonysnek, we think so. We'll be arriving close to the peak of the fall foliage. We'll be next door to my Aunt and Uncle, and they ride. I'm trying to talk them into selling their Aspencade and go for a Vstar.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks commonground, I'll be watching out for them. Looking forward to the slower pace and riding in the mountains.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man, I've heard the same thing. Make sure you look me up, I'm around two and a half hours away from the dragons tail.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Elk, since we have several family members nearby, it's not like we're moving to an unknown place. Our family is very excited that we will get to spend the upcoming holidays together, and we'll get to see the grandkids more often.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,457 Posts
Congratulations on the new venture. Sounds like a lot of new roads to explore. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, very much appreciated. New chapter, new roads, and much more riding.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, we're excited and looking forward to riding new areas and having more time to do so.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Ridealot, we think so, and I'll be sharing some pics after we're settled.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts