Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum. With the popularity of FaceBook, forums everywhere have suffered, post's on FB are here today and gone tomorrow while forums retain information. When I want to learn and share information I go to forums and YouTube not FB. The capacity for learning and sharing information is what makes the internet so valuable. I do not post often, but that is just my personality; however, I do enjoy reading everyone's post and apreciate all of you.

LONG LIVE FORUM'S... ESPECIALLY, THE STARBIKE FORUM...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hate FB. I have an account but it's just to keep in touch with a handful of friends from High School. I do not like joining FB groups.
Long Live Forums.

·
2,246 Posts
Coincidentally, I just gave in and signed up for FB an hour ago (very reluctantly). It just seems that every time I want to check something online it's through the Great Evil (FB). I only signed up because the riding group I joined keeps in touch on it. I've been a member on various other forums and none of them have the feeling of family that this one has. I agree 100% with what LoupGarou said - this forum rocks and it's always my go to when I log into my computer. FB is just a little icon that will rarely be clicked.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like both FB and forums. Forums are great due to the fact that when you get information, you can see among the members who it is coming from. Exchanging or buying from members in good standing is assurance of not being cheated. Facebook is a good way to gripe about things (usually the government) without hurting too many feelings. Yes.....I have been kicked out of some Facebook groups. Many years ago before FB or forums, I belonged to various "newsgroups".

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
I use FB mostly for keeping in touch with friends and some family. I’m still friends with some people I went to grade school with. I avoid the negativity and only promote the positive.
This forum is primary to me because of the content, members, technical advice and thoughts. We all have different opinions but for the most part we all respect one another. Our Southeast members rally in September was a good example of the unity and camaraderie we members have. We made new friends and we’re already planning next years event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed, FB is certainly good to stay in touch with people and find old friends. I just hate that forums have suffered do to the group pages on FB. The way FB is formated is just not conducive to topic discussion and learning the way forums are, Fb is better for opinions and comments, not real discussions. JMHO :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts