Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's been interest in a ride that LA and San Diego riders can join in on so what better way to kick off the new year than a joint ride that everyone can participate in!

Here's a map of the general area I'm guessing riders will be coming from. Originally, I was thinking Orange County for the ride, but maybe a little further inland could be fun. I've never ridden out in the Palm Desert or around the Salton Sea but I've done a bunch of riding in the Cleveland National Forest (Julian pies anyone?). I'm wide open for suggestions but let's try to keep it somewhat central. For reference, I'm coming from the Burbank area just north of LA.

Who's in and where we going?

Water resources Map World Atlas Water

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What about this absurdity? Start in Temecula, go clockwise, lunch in Mecca or Salton City, dessert in Julian. I'll be adding about 175 more miles that day just getting there and back.

Ecoregion Map World Atlas Parallel

·
Registered
2007 Road Star, 2009 Stratoliner, 2016 FJR1300
21 Posts
There's been interest in a ride that LA and San Diego riders can join in on so what better way to kick off the new year than a joint ride that everyone can participate in!

Here's a map of the general area I'm guessing riders will be coming from. Originally, I was thinking Orange County for the ride, but maybe a little further inland could be fun. I've never ridden out in the Palm Desert or around the Salton Sea but I've done a bunch of riding in the Cleveland National Forest (Julian pies anyone?). I'm wide open for suggestions but let's try to keep it somewhat central. For reference, I'm coming from the Burbank area just north of LA.

Who's in and where we going?

View attachment 112623
I love Julian Pies

I live in temecula and do the julian run all the time

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!

Well, that ride didn't happen as I had emergency gallbladder removal surgery the weekend before. I'm going for my first ride since tomorrow morning. I think it'll be a couple months before I actually try to do that ride. I'll post up if I'm ever heading down that direction and see who all we can get together for a nice meet-n-greet. Stay tuned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts