Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to start a monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Since we have members not only in different time zones but totally different days the beginning odometer reading can be posted one day prior to the first and ending reading one day after the last day of the month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year. Enter for annual mileage contest at any time and January 1, 2020 will be the last day ending mileage must be submitted. I made a quick spreadsheet and will post new list as people enter. The annual challenge will be on a separate spreadsheet and I will update monthly so everyone knows how they are doing. So post your odometer reading asap. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got home a bit ago and took picture on odometer, so here's my beginning odometer reading. This will not be a high mileage month for me as I have surgery scheduled January 23 and will be a few weeks unable to ride. But I will participate.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Yamaha Pat for joining in. The challenge has now began.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Going to start a monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Since we have members not only in different time zones but totally different days the beginning odometer reading can be posted one day prior to the first and ending reading one day after the last day of the month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year. Enter for annual mileage contest at any time and January 1, 2020 will be the last day ending mileage must be submitted. I made a quick spreadsheet and will post new list as people enter. The annual challenge will be on a separate spreadsheet and I will update monthly so everyone knows how they are doing. So post your odometer reading asap. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

Ok Les, I’ve had my bike one year. Got it last Dec 29th.
You want “mileage” baby, l’ll give it to you!
Eating up mileage is what this bike does BEST! They don’t call it a “Transcontinental” for nothing. As a matter of fact, we have a coast to coast trip planned for this year. What I don’t get is these guys who have an SVTC with only a few thousand miles on it. Poor Bill in Florida is “stuck”. Not really anywhere to go unless you leave the state.
Ok all you SVTC owners out there... I’m throwing the gauntlet down! There should be NO reason that the SVTC doesn’t EASILY hold the mileage records for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place without even trying!
GOT GAME??

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Les, I’ve had my bike one year. Got it last Dec 29th.
You want “mileage” baby, l’ll give it to you!
Eating up mileage is what this bike does BEST! They don’t call it a “Transcontinental” for nothing. As a matter of fact, we have a coast to coast trip planned for this year. What I don’t get is these guys who have an SVTC with only a few thousand miles on it. Poor Bill in Florida is “stuck”. Not really anywhere to go unless you leave the state.
Ok all you SVTC owners out there... I’m throwing the gauntlet down! There should be NO reason that the SVTC doesn’t EASILY hold the mileage records for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place without even trying!
GOT GAME??

You might get it for year but we will see on the monthly totals. I'm sure someone out there will get you, might even me. 😁 Everyone check the first post for list of participants. Is your name there? Why not?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
ride your bike to your elementary school, take a photo for the scavenger hunt
submit your photo to "bike of the month"
and you will be a triple threat on starbikeforums in January!

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that's a great idea. Wonder if anyone can do it.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Im the one person who cant do all three
because I posted the last "your elementary school" hunt challenge

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Might be able to hit my elementary school in Illinois in our way back from our coast to coast trip this year. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, racked up another 130 miles today. Currently at 15706.
Total rain out here, flash flood warnings thru tomorrow. Rode 32 miles, work and back yesterday, yes I worked on New Years day. Remember, I manage a automotive retail distribution center, servicing 167 locations, we never close except Christmas day. Looks hit or miss for the next week or so.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Well, racked up another 130 miles today. Currently at 15706.
Total rain out here, flash flood warnings thru tomorrow. Rode 32 miles, work and back yesterday, yes I worked on New Years day. Remember, I manage a automotive retail distribution center, servicing 167 locations, we never close except Christmas day. Looks hit or miss for the next week or so.

Well, I have an install starting the 10th so that will take me out for 10 days. As a matter of fact, I have 5 installs to be done by the end of February. Might fall behind a bit myself but I will quickly catch up.
Bummer cuz I put 55 miles on yesterday before I saw this post and took my odometer pic. It was 68 yesterday. 56 today.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two day totals:
ChiefGunner at 130
Les at 32 🙁
Yamaha Pat, how about you, by the way, bummer weather.

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Les, that 130 miles was for today only!
Oops, didn't go back to odometer reading, just saw your 130 post. It's called speed reading with poor comprehension. 😁😂

·
Super Moderator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 81 Posts