Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

January Mileage Challenge

11K views 82 replies 12 participants last post by  lesblank 
#1 · (Edited)
Going to start a monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Beginning mileage can be posted anytime after the first day on the month and ending mileage must be posted by midnight the last day of month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year. Enter for annual mileage contest at any time and January 1, 2020 will be the last day ending mileage must be submitted. I made a quick spreadsheet and will post new list as people enter. The annual challenge will be on a separate spreadsheet and I will update monthly so everyone knows how they are doing. So post your odometer reading asap. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

See less See more
#2 ·
Got home a bit ago and took picture on odometer, so here's my beginning odometer reading. This will not be a high mileage month for me as I have surgery scheduled January 23 and will be a few weeks unable to ride. But I will participate.

#5 ·
Thanks Yamaha Pat for joining in. The challenge has now began.

Reactions: Keith Post
#7 ·
Going to start a monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Since we have members not only in different time zones but totally different days the beginning odometer reading can be posted one day prior to the first and ending reading one day after the last day of the month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year. Enter for annual mileage contest at any time and January 1, 2020 will be the last day ending mileage must be submitted. I made a quick spreadsheet and will post new list as people enter. The annual challenge will be on a separate spreadsheet and I will update monthly so everyone knows how they are doing. So post your odometer reading asap. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

Ok Les, I’ve had my bike one year. Got it last Dec 29th.
You want “mileage” baby, l’ll give it to you!
Eating up mileage is what this bike does BEST! They don’t call it a “Transcontinental” for nothing. As a matter of fact, we have a coast to coast trip planned for this year. What I don’t get is these guys who have an SVTC with only a few thousand miles on it. Poor Bill in Florida is “stuck”. Not really anywhere to go unless you leave the state.
Ok all you SVTC owners out there... I’m throwing the gauntlet down! There should be NO reason that the SVTC doesn’t EASILY hold the mileage records for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place without even trying!
GOT GAME??

#8 ·
You might get it for year but we will see on the monthly totals. I'm sure someone out there will get you, might even me. ? Everyone check the first post for list of participants. Is your name there? Why not?

#10 ·
ride your bike to your elementary school, take a photo for the scavenger hunt
submit your photo to "bike of the month"
and you will be a triple threat on starbikeforums in January!

#11 ·
Now that's a great idea. Wonder if anyone can do it.

#12 ·
Im the one person who cant do all three
because I posted the last "your elementary school" hunt challenge

#15 · (Edited)
Total rain out here, flash flood warnings thru tomorrow. Rode 32 miles, work and back yesterday, yes I worked on New Years day. Remember, I manage a automotive retail distribution center, servicing 167 locations, we never close except Christmas day. Looks hit or miss for the next week or so.

#17 ·
Two day totals:
ChiefGunner at 130
Les at 32 ?
Yamaha Pat, how about you, by the way, bummer weather.

#21 ·
It's not a sprint. Just back and forth today to work today rainy weekend coming up. But that never stopped me before. I'd really like it not to be a day to day competition. Let's find out Jan. 31st. That way no pressure. Just fun.

Reactions: lesblank
#22 ·
I totally agree, just trying to get a more people to join in.

#26 ·
#29 ·
Will do. I'll update the spreadsheet that's on page 1 when I get home tonight.

#31 ·

I’m in.

(Can’t seem to get the image link to work)
Are you using computer, tablet (mobile or full site view) or phone. I help you post the picture.

#36 ·
You are in. I'll update spreadsheet when I get home.

Reactions: nurtaeff
#40 ·
It didn't show on my tablet but did on phone, strange. But got you and nurtaeff added. Hey, ChiefGunner, going to take you about 3 weeks to do the 16k service, right? ???

#38 · (Edited)
Hey Les, I know we’re not doing “daily” totals but I went for a little ride today and put 532 miles on her! Like I said, there should be ZERO reason the SVTC’s aren’t leading this. Where are the other SVTC owners?
Oh, time for my 16k mike service which I’ll do tomorrow.

#41 · (Edited)
How many laps around the house did it take to rack up those miles? Oh, that's right you were going to do your 16k service and left the bike running in gear on the jack. Just messing with you, I'm jealous my weather and work schedule has kept me grounded. I only have 3 trips to work for 96 miles.

#49 ·
All who joined for the January mileage challenge, you must post a picture of your odometer by the end of the month for ending mileage. If you entered the January challenge your ending mileage will be your February beginning mileage. Anyone wanting to enter the February challenge just post a picture of you odometer anytime on or after January 31. I will start a new thread for the February challenge after the first. Going to be interesting to see the total miles. The last 9 days of this month I couldn't ride due to surgery but still racked up a lot of miles. Ride often and safe.

#52 ·
With my recent surgery and stitches not coming out until February 6, I'm posting my ending January mileage a little early since I can't ride. ??. I normally don't track how many days a month I ride, but did this month. I ended up riding 16 days this month. Most days were commuting with one out of town ride. So for the 31 days this month and out of riding for 9 days due to surgery that left 22 days. So 22 - 16 = 6 days I didn't ride. These were days off running around with wife. When it's cold, raining and need to carry stuff we take the wife's SUV. Temperature varied from low of 22 to 72 this month. This summer I'll be begging for 70 degree days. Anyway the 1042 miles I rode this month is on track for my normal 12k miles a year. Judging from some of miles being talked about in this thread I'm sure I got beat. The other bummer is can't ride at least until February 6 when the stitches come out, and then I'll ask doctor for her blessing. Make sure and check first post of this thread for mileage spreadsheet update.

#54 ·
This past week that I haven't ridden seems like months. I still have a week plus to go until I can put my helmet on to ride. Scrumdown, hope you get back on the road soon.

Reactions: Scrumdown
#55 ·
I'll go ahead and post mine, too, Les. I got ya by a little. I bet we both got got, though.

1161 for me this month. That's definitely above my norm. Had some nice days in January and some great rides. I'll take 50 degrees over 100 any day.

One thing you gotta give me...the early 'Liners are gonna win the majority of "Most Beautiful Speedometer" contests. I've always thought those were a *really* nice design.

Attachments

#56 ·
Looks like the Texas riders put some miles on their bikes this month. I want to know how many times you had to ride around the block to get the 31000 odometer reading? Yes, I like your speedometer also.

#58 ·
So you and cliffieg rode around together to get picture ?, it is pretty cool the way that worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.