Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my bike from an old friend It had Cobra pipes and a Kuryankyn 9409 Pro Series Hypercharger on it. I pulled the Cobras and the Kuryankyn Hypercharger. I found a used K&N filter from Fallen Bikes for $35.00 so got that and installed in on the bike. Now to my question, How should I Jet it? I'm sure it was re-jetted when the Hypercharger and Cobras were put on it. Now the K&N air filter is pretty much the same as the Barrons big air kit. I'm not sure how to jet with stock pipes and the K&N air kit. If anyone has an idea of what I need to do, I'd like to hear from you. Also, where do I get new jets? Just finished adjusting the valves and the only thing left to do is get this carb re-jetted. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Al Jones

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,006 Posts
Can't remember exactly which bike you have. General rule, stock exhaust and free flowing intake go up one jet size from stock and out a little on PMS. That's where I would start. Ride, read plugs and adjust from there. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't remember exactly which bike you have. General rule, stock exhaust and free flowing intake go up one jet size from stock and out a little on PMS. That's where I would start. Ride, read plugs and adjust from there. Keep us informed.
Thanks, I have the 2000 XV1600A. I'll see what I can find out what came stock and go from there. I have no idea what jet is in the card at this point.

Cheers,

Al Jones

1 - 3 of 3 Posts