Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met some awesome ladies through my women's riding club. They live out in So Cal, and this weekend they are at Babes Ride out in Joshua Tree! One of them posted a live video on my Facebook feed this morning.

I'm super jealous. My friend works for Zero Motorcycles, and brought a couple demo bikes, (as well as gas powered bikes to join on long rides).

She informed me that there is a Babes Ride Out that they did on the east coast this past May. - So I'll definitely be checking it out in 2017.

Super jealous. This Massachusetts girl has her heart in California right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My girlfriend rode her bike down to Joshua tree from San Luis Obispo for BRO. She had an amazing time....like life changing time. The couple times I talked to her on the phone, it was like listening to a little kid at disneyland. If you can go next year, I would highly suggest getting out here!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bevo, the two young female founders started it with two rules: No 'tudes. No dudes.

Thanks dewdewyah. They started an east coast camp out too. I may do that, if I can't do both!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I actually watched this 15 minute YouTube video over the winter. It's nicely put together. Worth a watch.
https://youtu.be/__FmZWlsOf0
I finally got a chance to watch it, great production work on the video, it was obviously well thought out, but I hate to see anyone glorifying riding in t-shirts and tank tops.... You might look cool, but it is so dangerous if do go down.

I am curious to what happened to the girl who got in the wreck up in idlywild... That did not sound good if it was a head-on collision....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... but I hate to see anyone glorifying riding in t-shirts and tank tops.... You might look cool, but it is so dangerous if do go down.
True. I once showed up for a ride with my female riding club and left my mesh jacket at home. Definitely felt under dressed as they were in full gear, textile pants ect. Most of the members are older and wiser than me. I felt like a bit of a tool in my tshirt and jeans with these awesome riders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts