1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 2007
Make/Model:Yamaha/Roadliner
Eng size:1900 Possibly a 2100
Modifications:Yamaha Raider rims, 3" Hard Krome Pipes, Floorboards, Passing Lights, Custom seat, Lowered, 1 1/2" Beach bars, Pro One Mirror's and grips, Engine covers.

Length of time to build: 2 yrs
And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
I Have a Yamaha Warrior and needed something for longer smoother rides because my back was giving me problems, So was looking for a year and found this Bike, Bought it from a guy that had it new then he had mental issues and needed to sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Year: 2004
Make/Model:Yamaha/V-Star
Eng size: 650
Modifications:Everything
Accessories: Repro-MG13, handgrenade, saddlebags, seats, headlamp, floorboards, modified fuel tank, sidecar and frame, lights, fenders, inverted brake lever, 19 inch wheels, Tank top signal switch, 2 into 1 exhaust with fan-tail, and more.
Length of time to build: 6 months
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: I love history and have focused on WW2 european theatre. Always wanted a bike from that era and had built a WLA out of a Harley Crossbones, hence the need for it's counterpart. After looking at the Urals and Chang Jiang repros of the WW2 BMW's, I knew I could do better. Found a donor bike (wrecked with good engine and frame) and got started. I based it on the import version of a 1937 Vincent Rapide, the only bike of that era with cantilever rear suspension. The forks are a DNA springer adapted to work with the V-Star frame. Sure would have liked a girder but that's a whole bag of worms to deal with. Everything works as it should, plenty of power with the 650.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Great looking bike rij1. Glad you put in for BOTM. Love the blacked out pipes, fits the bike very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Are the dates just screwed up on this thread? It looks like the first post is from 7-1-15, then it skips a few months, then catches up...
Anyways, @rij1 man, that Roadliner has a cool and mean look, almost steampunk-ish. Diggin' that a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts