Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

June Bike of the Month Voting (see entries in post 2)

• blueblitz09

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • blueray95

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Azza80$

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 403final_edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V star Beugramble

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Penguinechef

Votes: 1 6.3%

June Bike of the Month Submission Thread

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  blueray95 
#1 ·
The June Bike of the Month contest is live, but with some much needed updates. Please read carefully below, as voting especially, has changed.

• You no longer vote via LIKES. The last week of each month going forward, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote. This is a more traditional way of running things and based on feedback, will be a welcome change.
  • You must own the submitted bike.
  • You can enter 3-5 pics of your bike. I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your bike. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your bike's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to May's Bike of the Month winner, @LineX !

-Mike

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I like it!!! 👏

#4 ·
2011 Raider. Purchasing this bike made a dream come true for me. I wanted one of these from the moment I laid eyes on one. I'm not the biggest fan of flames, but they work so well with the lines of this bike.

Mods are:
Cobra swept exhaust
K&N air filter
Aftermarket grips
Painted upper belt guard
Fork bag (had to have a little storage)
Rear seat and passenger pegs delete

I will be adding a few other mods later as I have only had this bike for about 2 months. I plan to have it "Ivanized" and will be getting some black crash bars. I'll be throwing some Kuryakin Switchblade pegs on it as well. If you don't like attention, stay away from these. I can't go anywhere or even stop for gas without someone asking "What is that?".

#5 ·
This my first bike 2006 650 classic Japanese export bought it in 2019 October.
The bike was abounded for some years (the tires from 2012 and wasn't worn at all) I think it had a crash since the headlamp was 3 pieces all taped to gather the paint was faded the chromes wasn't in best shape, rear cylinder wasn't working, oil leaks all over the cylinders intake boot have cracks, broken rear light glass, broken shifter and rust under the bike.

So I started replacing almost everything from oils, coils, spark plugs, seat leather, rocker cover seals. Cleaned the carb and tuned it also adjusted the valve clearance (it was waaay out) finally sent the bike fenders, covers and the tank for proper paint (that's was the only time it seen a garage!).

Just before the riding season starts (November) added some accessories such as Viking leather bags, Yamaha tall wind shield, handle bar from a friend, engine guard, drilled baffles, installed amber lens, front fender rail and finally Yamaha passing lamps (it was a hell fining one online) I am planning to add air horn in near future and maybe wrap it with rusty vinyl wrap.

here's few pictures (some might look different as I was adding stuff) :)

#6 ·
Aaron Porter aka karnage Dogg I got an 04 v star custom bobber I’m getting chemical dipstick ASAP and want a 20 inch mule spoke chrome 18 on rear v got Vince and hinge exaust **** cos hate mongrelised red let alone noise pollution chicks fall at my feet Arapaho ny ideias to help me custom stock forks for rim and rear I want a fatty but shaft drivin mmmmm…help

#10 ·
My Christine.....VStar 1300 Touring

Bought her just over 6 years ago with 5000 miles on her and now, she has over 81,000.

She seems to love everything I have thrown at her......Smokey Mountains, Florida flat lands, and every where else she has been.

Mods:
K & N filter
Handlebars - 10" Harley bars.
Grips
Drilled rear baffle
Chopped the windshield
Cup holder

Attachments

#15 ·
Mike, just picking on you, but which time zone.

Reactions: Brad_G
#16 ·
Congrats to @blueray95, you are our June Bike of the Month! Enjoy your free year of premium membership. I will add you ride to the site gallery tomorrow.

Be on the look out for the July submission thread soon. Thanks to all that participated!

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.