Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting the mileage thread a little early, I'm going to have a busy next few days and wanted to get the thread started. OK everyone who said you would enter the Monthly Mileage Challenge once the weather was better, well it's better. Last month we had 14 people enter. This month I expect 25 plus. So you are thinking you can't win. I stayed active knowing my recent surgeries would keep me off two wheels. My challenge was not to be last, sorry to however was. Point is, enter and have some fun. If you only get to ride 10 miles, great, let us celebrate them with you. So to some of our regular posters (Keith, KCW, NorthernRider and others) on here that I won't name, that have not entered before, come on and enjoy. Just post a picture of you odometer taken after the first of the month than one at the end of the month. For full details see:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/11-general-bike-talk/116120-january-mileage-challenge.html

Any changes needed to the Challenge? Anyone can join the challenge. Check back in a few days for updated spreadsheet.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok all you lurkers, join in and let's celebrate the mileage you ride this month. Wind therapy is good for all.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No new comers? So, you don't want to share your wind therapy mileage with us. I just keep trying to beat that one eyed guy with the new scares all over his face, but keep being in a tie with him. 😀

Just post your odometer reading to be included.

Updated spreadsheet, please proof for errors. Still missing Graybeard and Kam.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan to lose by less than 5k this month. Put that in your exhaust pipes and smoke it!!
I'm with you on that. But it does sound weird to say lose by 5k miles in a month.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
186 Posts
The only minor issue with the updated spreadsheet is the year of my bike. It's actually a 2012. It doesn't really make any difference. As a matter of fact, it is probably more trouble then its worth to fix. Oh, and I'm already 300 miles up on that last odo reading and going for more today. With no long trips in my near future, I'm going to need every mile I can get.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only minor issue with the updated spreadsheet is the year of my bike. It's actually a 2012. It doesn't really make any difference. As a matter of fact, it is probably more trouble then its worth to fix. Oh, and I'm already 300 miles up on that last odo reading and going for more today. With no long trips in my near future, I'm going to need every mile I can get.
It's an easy fix. I had looked at everyone's garage to get bike info. I picked up the year on the 950 for you. I'm with you on getting mileage in. No planned trips this month for me so it will just be my commuting miles.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@lesblank my odometer reading should be 38,035. You can leave it though. It will make me look like I rode over 10k this month.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Thanks, that's why I ask for y'all to proof read the spreadsheet.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, think I fixed all the fat finger issues. Does anyone see any other mistakes? Yea, I know I'm a big mistake but I can't fix that. 😀

·
Registered
200 Posts
I should have entered last month, but slipped my mind at the beginning of the month. If i can remember, I'll get pic of the odometer and enter for June. I know I won't win, but it'll be fun tracking it regardless.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should have entered last month, but slipped my mind at the beginning of the month. If i can remember, I'll get pic of the odometer and enter for June. I know I won't win, but it'll be fun tracking it regardless.
Definitely join the fun. It's always entertaining with the big dogs barking at each other who will win.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Alright guys, I am finally on vacation. Chief and Road guy will have to wait another month. Boots... You too! I have surpassed my May mileage total by a few hundred miles with plenty of vacation days to go.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 72 Posts