Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just bought a 2007 V-Star 650 for my wife. I'm a relatively new rider with only about 1500 miles on the street, and my wife has only an msf course worth of experience.

I have some experience tinkering with a 75 Honda CB400Four which is my primary rider. Bought it barely running -- rebuilt the carbs, new plugs, new fuel lines, new brake lines, rebuilt front brake caliper, new clutch cable, new battery, new plugs, rewired ignition switch, fixed various electrical gremlins, new h-4 headlight conversion, etc, etc.

The V-Star is a bit of a different animal, but I'm enjoying riding it as well. What brings me to the forum is there are some minor issues I need to sort out with it. I want to have them fixed before letting my wife ride it. . . well that and I like riding it.

I attached a pic of the Honda, haven't taken one of the v-star yet, but I'll post one up when I do

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lol... typical male... "Honey, I bought you/the kids a present!" but we women know it's just an excuse to buy yourself a new toy ;)

Welcome to the 4M and to the future buying yourself a new Vstar to keep up with her!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome!:D Was planning on getting some pics today, but the weather in the North East is terrible; hopefully its nicer tomorrow. Planning on our first ride for Saturday.

Lol... typical male... "Honey, I bought you/the kids a present!" but we women know it's just an excuse to buy yourself a new toy ;)

Welcome to the 4M and to the future buying yourself a new Vstar to keep up with her!
Lol, Definitely hit the nail on the head there. The Honda was supposed to be for both of us, but she didn't like sitting upright, and it was a little too tall for her. She wasn't use to having to rev the thing to 5 grand to get anything resembling torque either.:p

I will concede the V-Star to her. . . reluctantly. I think I've worked out the glitch (just idle speed adjustment -- initially threw me because I haven't worked with CV carbs), so I'm obligated to do so.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wawawhat!?! They are on to us, dive, dive!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard, even if you did give us a picture of a Honda :confused:

Don't forget the pic of your own V-Star when it shows up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts