Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Robert and I reside in Ohio. I just bought a used v star 1100 classic about a week or two ago and it's my first cruiser bike and I love it. Currently it is in the paint shop getting the previous owners awful custom paint job covered up so I am very anxious to have it out so I can go riding.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Curious... what is so awful about the previous custom paint? :D

Ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum!

Curious... what is so awful about the previous custom paint? :D

Ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
The previous owner had painted horses on it with a banner that reads "Italian Stallion". I didn't like it too much but my wife REALLY didn't like it.

I am having it repainted to just a simple two tone with the top of the tank and fenders being Yamaha Blue color and the bottom will be pearl white with a blue pin stripe kind of separating the colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Good call to repaint

• A 1970 low-budget erotic film starring Sylvester Stallone, originally titled the party at kitty and stud's
  • Nickname of rocky balboa the fictional character in Rocky and its sequels
  • ITALIAN STALLION.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome :D Can't wait to see pics of the new paint!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, itallian stallian? Wtf were they thinking.... Hope you got a good deal & welcome.
I think we got a pretty good deal. You should of seen the owner when we told him we didn't care much for the paint job. He got kind of sad and asked what we didn't like about it. We didn't want to hurt his feelings and tell him that the horses aren't cool on the bike so I just told him I'm not Italian. I could tell the guy really loved that paint job and didn't want us to mess with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up my first cruiser as well, lovin' it so far.

The paint on mine is black so I don't have that to deal with, but I have found a couple things that need attention...the rider seat bolt was stripped (was trying to adjust the preload but can't move the adjuster on the shock - any tips? how much do I have to take apart to be able to get enough torque on the special wrench to turn?)

Also found that the passenger seat was not attached properly. At the front there is the 'clip' if you will was not underneath the bracket but just resting on top, wedged under the rider backrest. It was prettu solid but I'd like to see it held down properly, all fixed for now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well I just got my bike back from the painter and I think it turned out very nice. Sorry about the pic, it's from a cell phone. I didn't want anything extravagant, I only wanted to add some color and get rid of the Italian Stallion so I decided to go with basically a stock v star paint job using yamaha blue and white pearl.

The painting was done by Troy from Studio2 in Salem, Ohio. Right now the gas tank is bare but I have the factory chrome V star emblems for it that I will put on once the paint cures. Sometime in the future I also would like to put on some white wall tires, but that will have to wait a while.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts