Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a very clean ‘13 Road Star S locally in the Kansas City area. Planning to commute, do day trips, and ultimately work up to some 2-up touring. This is my first v-twin, so any tips and tricks are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,337 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Any pictures to share? Make sure to post any questions in correct thread for best responses. Take a look at the Bike of the Month, great way to get ideas on mods you might be thinking about.

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

A few more interesting threads:

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/49-v-star/5655-yammy-ya-got.html?highlight=Yammy

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/36-lounge/110258-where-you.html

Ride safe and often.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Road Star is on the short list for my next bike.

What kind of deal did you get on your bike?

I think I would prefer an earlier one with the single carb, just for the simplicity - its a very basic bike.

I don't know of any design issues with any of the road star bikes - do the scheduled maintenance and ride ride ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@KCW I paid $5,000 for the bike with 9,500 miles. It’s a 2013 bought in 2015. All stock except for Cobra Speedster Long pipes, a quick release windshield and basic saddlebags. It needs a rear tire, very squared off. The bike appears to be very well cared for, which was my #1 consideration. I have looked at a few used big metric cruisers at dealers where they just changed oil and put a price tag on it. Not impressive prep.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hi Don, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. We’d love to see some pics of your Roadie. Sounds like you got a good deal on it. Ride safely and send us some of that great KC BBQ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,468 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada Don. I'm with KCW, a Roadie WILL be my next bike...lol. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal and those things are very reliable, even by Yamaha standards. I'd love some BBQ too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I had a long day in the garage with my dad wrestling with new Shinko 777 whitewalls. Unfortunately we had issues with balancing the front, so the job is not completed. Will post some pics with the new tires when I get a chance.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
do you have a tire mounting machine or did you put them on the old fashion way: shear will power. ?

Ive done my own tires a couple times with nothing but big C clamps and tire irons. A LOT of work. After that balancing the tires was the easy part.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don , that was a good buy. This is funny tho , I traded in my 2013 Road Star with 16,000 miles and got $5000 on trade in. And I traded it in on a 2017 new Kawasaki Versys 650 LT . The Road Star was a great bike with no issues for me, I just wanted to try something different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts