Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I finally got back to biking a few years ago now. I took a few years off to work and raise a family. I have bought a few "cheaper" bikes over the last 5 - 6 years, but this year I was able to upgrade to a nice 2003 V Star 1100 Classic. The kilometers were a little high but the price was right. I am really enjoying the bike, and it has allowed me to bring my wife along and she is really enjoying the trips. The bike works great and now it is time for a few upgrades to make it a little more comfortable for longer rides.

I look forward to meeting everyone and always, drive safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi mc, welcome to the forum. Any pics you'd like to share with us? We're huge on pics here and we're glad you're enjoying the bike. Lots of 1100 owners here so you'll get lots of help. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. What type of upgrades are you thinking about? Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
OMG, another Maritimer! Welcome from the Moncton area, mcguest. I just picked up an 1100 Classic last fall and I've got over 4000 miles (not km - US bike) on it so far. Absolutely love it, and I know you will too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking at adding a Batwing fairing and an E.D. seat over the winter. I would really like to have more growl in the bike, not a loud growl, but something when I take off that sounds real nice. Any suggestions for exhaust to use on the bike? Other than that, I am more interested in riding, rather than upgrading.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I installed baron customs slip ons and the sound pretty good...as far as batwing, I put a reckless motorcycle batwing fairing with Polk audio marine speakers and an infinity bluetooth stereo.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking at adding a Batwing fairing and an E.D. seat over the winter. I would really like to have more growl in the bike, not a loud growl, but something when I take off that sounds real nice. Any suggestions for exhaust to use on the bike? Other than that, I am more interested in riding, rather than upgrading.
https://youtu.be/yAxLZeeYcms

I lile cobra exhuast... if you would like to hear it... above is a link.... ride safe

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed baron customs slip ons and the sound pretty good...as far as batwing, I put a reckless motorcycle batwing fairing with Polk audio marine speakers and an infinity bluetooth stereo.
With the Baron Slip ons, did you have to do anything to the carburetor? Is there any problem with the weight of the Batwing Fairing and the radio and speakers installed causing any problems. We have roads with many pot holes and I would like to know the brackets will support everything?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I didn't have to do anything to the carbs and the faring is super light weight I was able to hold it with one hand and install bolts with the other. I don't think you'll have problems with pot holes

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts