Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just getting started...

I missed turning wrenches (for fun). Recently bought an '07 V-Star 1100 C to build as much as ride. My buddies all ride HD (not that I have issue with HD's). I have a running bet with them that I can build (not buy) a sweet bike of equal (or better) quality. All said, I'm going to be looking for info and willing to share what I know & learn.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I have a running bet with them that I can build (not buy) a sweet bike of equal (or better) quality.
according to Consumer Reports you already have a better quality (reliability) bike than your HD friends, and you dont have to do anything to it.

Vstar bikes are designed to be easy to modify, there are a lot of things you can add to the bike if you want.

I like my 650 Classic just the way it is: stock. The Yamaha engineers really know what they are doing, and I cant think of anything that needs to be.... uhm.... better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Joe,

Welcome to the forum from Houston. Your going to really enjoy that bike. I have an '08 1100 and it's great. I'm a Patriot Guard Rider member so I'm around lots of guys with HD's lol. They are a great group, no issue having my Yammy. Post pics when you can, we all love to see those bike pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts