Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike a couple weeks ago, 4 min into the test ride I knew I'd be replacing was the stock seat. I checked online and the seat I wanted was $600+ CAD. So I kept checking CL 10x a day and last night at 11:24pm a mint Mustang seat with backrest and passenger seat came up for $100. I pounced on it and picked it up today!

Went for a quick 30 min go on the highway and it is really comfortable, night and day over stock. With the stock seat my butt would start to go numb about a half hour into riding. I'm really excited this seat came up so quickly and for so cheap.

I just noticed the forum software auto rotated the closeup pic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,500 Posts
Great buy, looks good. In the picture it looks like the front is sitting up a little more than normal, could just be the picture. Only mention it to check that the front of seat is attached correctly. It would be a bummer going down the road and set starts to work itself loose.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great find - looks like it also lowered you down into the bike a bit - does it also push you forward - are you more cramped on the floorboards than with the standard seat????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came off a 1300 I think the guy said. The mounting bracket at the front is a bit long for the 650 frame so it's not secured at the front. I have to cut of about 3/4 of an inch and then it'll fit so I can secure it.

I took my bike to buy it (removed the stock seat and sat on the frame! <<<--- actually more comfortable then the stock seat, no joke) so when I discovered I'd need to modify the mounting bracket I just secured it at the back and rode the long way home, it didn't budge and I cornered slow and wide. It's a really comfortable seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like it also lowered you down into the bike a bit - does it also push you forward - are you more cramped on the floorboards than with the standard seat????
It does lower you a bit, maybe an inch. I didn't feel more cramped then with the stock seat. I'll go swap the seats back and forth now for a min and sit in them and see which gives more leg room.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That's a great way to compare seats - the Mustang has a lot of padding at the rear part where it's needed the most - thanks for the pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts