Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The lack of seeing by mid January 2022, a posting to either the Canadian or U.S.A., Yamaha WEB Portal of a published 2022 SVTC had me call my dealer this afternoon, and I asked him right up front...as one of Ontario's longest 'in place' dealerships, have you or your brother been told that there will be no further editions of the SVTC, or anything regarding that you have no 2022 in your product line up?

I should have called him before I posted this morning and deleted...that there most likely will not be a 2022 release of the SVTC, and that they have not been notified either officially as a Yamaha Dealer, or 'on the golf links'....(they are very close with a few of the Toronto big'un's...) that the SVTC is E(nd) O(f) L(ife). He has also NOT been told officially or 'off the swing'....that there WILL be any further model year releases of this model, past 2021.

So, I asked him for his personal opinion, having been in the Yamaha game for so many years...and this is what he said:

"Joe, while I can't answer directly, with 'in the loop' to your question (..and it is a good one...!) I have seen Yamaha in the past skip over a whole model year, with other of their line ups, and because of extensive upgrade and/or modification to the model in question, they will come out with it as a one-year-later model. So what do I think? I think that they acknowledge that they didn't handle this model well...and that there could be minor, or major modifications and/or upgrades to the bike...and let's face it, your bike was pretty much electronically rebuilt from the ground up, at dealership, with all the 2021 modules...as well as a few others around Ontario, and could that have been a test bed, independent of Yamaha, and feedback coming from true owners, that would be very up front and critical if those modifications did not satisfy their purchase mandate. So...you asked me for my 2 cents...and my 2 cents says that because they worked on your bike and the others as they did...that there will be a 2023 model, with all those Electronic Compartment Bay modifications, as well perhaps (I dunno) new features, added -----------> OR... ,even present features REMOVED from the model as they were causing problems between the feature and the Software Host. I've seen that happen as well...so...hang in there...and see what next year brings. If there is no 2023 release, then we will all know...by then..."

"Ok...and thanks for your input, as always...Happy New Year".

"Thanks, you too. Have a great coming riding season"....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Let's just hope we can get parts for these things if and when we need them. That's my only concern. I don't care if they make any more just make the parts available in a timely manner/.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts