Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but I stopped and took the pic at 999. it'll never been seen again!

Afterwards, I put on another 10 on the way home! :D

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Ohhhhh, I guess it was just too much to ask for you to stop at 1,000 even :D

Your safety be damned, take one for the team!

Seriously though, I'd have done the same. My oldest daughter took my beloved Landcruiser FZJ80 for a summer trip to Northern Minnesota (I bought it new in '96). I knew it would turn 100,000 miles while she had it over the summer and I drilled it into her brain that she absolutely had to keep an eye on the mileage and take a pic for me at precisely 100k since I wouldn't be there to enjoy it.

As you would guess, my darling daughter did . . . . . exactly as I asked :D She sent me a dozen or more pics of the odometer and some exterior pics of the truck too. Still have that truck and I plan to see 200k sometime when my now 8 y/o twin boys are driving it!

·
Registered
794 Posts
LOL! We have a 1971 Toyota Corolla rust bucket that we are sadly going to have to junk about 10k from 400,000k. Engine still runs fine but the body is so decrepit that bits have started to fall off.

·
Registered
782 Posts
i have a 2008 hyundai Mini van with 250,000 on it and it runs like a champ. Yes a Drive alot of miles every year kayaking and Flying rc airplanes.

Very cool on you making it to the 1000 mile mark. I willing to bet every mile was made with a Huge smile.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rocking a 2002 ford taurus with 215000 miles, needs front tire rods, back brakes adjusted, and looks a little rough but starts everyday. Took 5 years to make it to 100000, have put on another 115000 since 2010 :-(, time to find a closer job

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soooo. The other day I pulled into the fuel stop near the house on my way home from work. Since i keep track of my mileage and services with an app, I turned the bike on after the fueling to annotated the miles. Lo and behold, the odo was sitting at exactly 10,000!!

Obviously a pic was taken for proof. Less than 8 months of riding her and she's got 10k on her clock. Wonder what she'll read by the end of riding season......

I'm rooted, bitchez!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its Alabama.... its pretty much warm till about Christmas here, it seems!

And thanks! Didnt think i would hit 10k in the first year.... guess so...

I'm rooted, bitchez!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thats true about Alabama! I live in south Alabama and I ride all year long.
Congrats on the mileage. I put 12000 miles on mine in my first 12 months of riding. Pure enjoyment!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here in North al, its a bit colder though. Up in Huntsville area. We'll have to meet up for a bit of a ride sometime!

I'm rooted, bitchez!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had an '84 BMW R80 that I put 95000 miles on. I was determined to make it to 100000 but someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I sold it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts